(You may also want to check FAVORITE KOREAN TV SERIES PART 1 posted on 2013 Topic)
These are the TV series that I will be watching on 2014
MARRY HIM IF YOU DARE
- Yoon Eun-hye as Na Mi-rae
- A bright and lovable 32-year-old who spends her days chanting to herself, "I'm okay!" and barely scrapes by in her job as a call centre agent. But one day her future self appears in front of her and changes her life. She begins to pursue her dream of becoming a television writer.
- Lee Dong-gun as Kim Shin
- The network's lead news anchor. He can be prickly, but is also highly principled and upright.
- Jung Yong-hwa as Park Se-joo
- The CEO's grandson who is set to inherit the network. He went to film school in America, and is masquerading as a lowly cameraman (or VJ). He dreams of building a media conglomerate.
- Han Chae-ah as Seo Yoo-kyung
- A reporter on the morning show. Outwardly cute, she is smart and cunning.
- Choi Myung-gil as Na Mi-rae's future self
- Bae Jong-ok as Yoon Bok-hee
- A self-made woman who went from working a tiny market stand to becoming a successful loan shark who owns multi-million-wonbuildings. She is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's disease.
- Jeong Yu-mi as Go Young-chae
- Bok-hee's eldest daughter, and a designer. Bratty and spoiled, Young-chae has a short temper and a quick tongue. But she'll eventually mature and become a warm, optimistic young woman with lots of affection. She meets Hoon-nam when she starts a new job, and they'll have a contentious workplace romance.
- Jung Gyu-woon as Jang Hoon-nam
- Hoon-nam (which in Korean literally means "nice guy") is the second son of a family that's owned a clothing material factory for three generations. He lost his parents at a young age, and grew up taking care of his hearing-impaired older brother. He's strict and professional at work, with a strong sense of responsibility. He starts out trying to get Young-chae to stop being a gold-digging princess, and eventually falls in love with her.
- Ahn Nae-sang as Jang Ki-nam
Awards and nominations
|2013||APAN Star Awards||Best Dressed Award||Yoo In-young||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Special Award, Actor in a Weekend/Daily Drama||Ahn Nae-sang||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Weekend/Daily Drama||Jeong Yu-mi||Nominated|
|Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Weekend/Daily Drama||Jung Gyu-woon||Nominated|
The content of the story is funny and sincerely heartwarming. Congratulations to the cast!
Upcoming Korean drama shoots scenes in Cebu
- Lee Min-ho as Kim Tan (김탄)
- Jung Chan Woo as young Kim Tan (middle school student)
- He is a future heir to the Jeguk (Empire) Group. A former school bully, Kim Tan has matured from his stay in America into a more thoughtful although lonely high school student. He does not have good connections with his brother or father, and he constantly seeks friendship from his half-brother, who doesn't gives him any. He is actually the son of his father's mistress, but is listed in the family registry as the son of his father's second wife in order to be a legitimate heir. Prior to returning to Korea, he was exiled by his brother to study abroad in the U.S. Although he is engaged to Rachel Yoo "so he wouldn't have to marry her later," he is attracted to Cha Eun-sang at first sight and falls in love with her despite her poor background.
- Park Shin-hye as Cha Eun-sang (차은상)
- Daughter of Kim Tan's family's housekeeper. Somewhat cynical and down to earth, she diligently works part-time jobs to support herself and her mother, and gets caught in a love triangle between Kim Tan and Choi Young-do. She lives in Kim Tan's home, since her mother is a live-in housekeeper. She grew up with Yoon Chan-young, her best friend, and is enrolled in Jeguk High School on a welfare scholarship. When Kim Tan comes into her life and won't stop pursuing her, trouble also comes with all those bent on splitting them apart, although she does reciprocate his feelings.
- Kim Woo-bin as Choi Young-do (최영도)
- Yang Hyun Mo as young Young Do (middle school student)
- The heir to the Zeus Hotel Group. He has an IQ of 150, but does not put any effort into his schoolwork. Due to this, he scores 98th out of 100th place in his class rank during the first Jeguk High finals. Known for his cunning intellect and volatile manners, he is feared by his fellow classmates, who he bullies. His father, Choi Dong Wook, also Rachel's mom's fiancee, is mercilessly strict and physically abusive towards him, and engages with him in judo matches to get him to do things. As part of his training as the next CEO of Zeus Hotel, Young Do is often seen washing dishes at the hotel, something he's been doing since he was in middle school. Though former best friends with Kim Tan, the two now have a mutual hatred for each other, which was partly brought about by the departure of Young-Do's beloved mother. Young Do begins picking on Eun-Sang to irritate Tan but he soon realizes that's not the only reason she's always on his mind.
- Kang Min-hyuk as Yoon Chan-young (윤찬영)
- Son of the Jeguk Group's secretary. He and Cha Eun Sang have known each other eversince they were kids and they've been friends ever since. He is dating Kim Tan's ex-girlfriend, Lee Bo-na, and they have a cute relationship. He is kind, cool-headed, warm, and smart, being always ranked number one in his class, and always sees the best in people. Despite being in the Social Care Group, he doesn't get picked on by the higher-social-status-students because he is class president. He always think everything that Lee Bo-na does is cute, especially when being jealous.
- Krystal Jung as Lee Bo-na (이보나)
- Yoon Chan-young's girlfriend. She is the daughter of the CEO of 'Mega Entertainment,' and therefore is somewhat spoiled but cute and has a good heart. Her first love and ex-boyfriend was Kim Tan, and now they just nag at each other although are still friendly. She is utmost devoted and possessive towards Yoon Chan Young. She dislikes Cha Eun-sang at first for being Chan-young's best friend, believing that "there is no way for a girl and a boy to simply be just friends", but as the time goes by she becomes friends with Cha Eun-sang, although she won't admit the fact.
- Kim Ji-won as Rachel Yoo (유라헬)
- Kim Tan's fiancée. A rich and haughty chic heiress of RS International (a clothing company). She is also known as Jeguk High School's "Paris Hilton". Her prickly personality of course extends to Cha Eun Sang, especially when she realizes that Kim Tan likes her. Furious and humiliated, she attempts many times to split them apart. In the end Rachel begins grows hesitant feelings for Hyo Shin, with whom she has much in common. She seems to be on close terms with Tan's brother, Kim Won.
- Choi Jin-hyuk as Kim Won (김원)
- Kim Tan's older half-brother, an accomplished and capable young executive who runs his family's giant conglomerate, Jeguk (Empire) Group. At constant friction with his family, he attempts to rule the company himself, and fears that Tan will get in his way. Due to this, he had never had a real brotherly relationship with Tan, who tries everything he can to win his brother's heart. He and Tan eventaully learn to get along. He had a relationship with Jeon Hyun-joo, but in the end decided to bear the crown of running Jeguk Group instead of hold his relationship. Although he attempts everything to save his relationship, Hyun-joo knows he can't do anything, and she breaks up with him to allow him to carry out his dream.
- Kang Ha-neul as Lee Hyo-shin (이효신)
- Son of an attorney general. He has a crush on his private tutor, Jeon Hyun-joo. Despite not wanting to, his mother and father constantly pressures him to get into Law School. Calm and laid back, he runs the school broadcasting system. He is also close friends with Kim Tan. To overcome his family's pressure he joins the army without telling anyone besides Rachel, with whom he develops a friendship, and Kim Tan.
- Park Hyung-sik as Jo Myung-soo (조명수)
- Son of the CEO of the largest law firm, 'Victory'. Quick to think on his feet, he's a slacker who doesn't want to inherit the family business. Playful and a joker, he prefers hanging out at night clubs or taking photos of his friends. He is best friends with Choi Young-Do, and although he doesn't understand him that well, tries to help him. Along with Lee Bo-na and Young Do, he often hangs out in his private studio, where there is a wall covered in pictures of his friends and family.
International BroadcastThe drama is popular both domestically and internationally for its star studded cast and it being the latest work of famed writer of Secret Garden and A Gentleman's Dignity. It is set to broadcast in 13 countries in their local channels.
- Philippines - ABS-CBN
- China - Sohu.com and Youku.com
- Thailand - Workpoint TV
- Malaysia - ONE TV ASIA
Awards and Nominations
Awards and Nominations
|2013||Anhui TV Drama Awards||Popular Foreign Actress||Park Shin-hye||Won|
|Popular Foreign Actor||Kim Woo-bin||Won|
|Baidu The Hottest Awards||Best Asian Actor||Lee Min-ho||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award (Actor) - Mid-length drama||Lee Min-ho||Won|
|Excellence Award (Actress) - Mid-length drama||Park Shin-hye||Won|
|Special Acting Award (Actress) - Mid-Length Drama||Kim Sung-ryung||Won|
|Top 10 Stars||Lee Min-ho||Won|
|Popularity Award||Lee Min-ho||Won|
|Best Couple Award||Lee Min-ho and Park Shin-hye||Won|
|Best Dressed||Lee Min-ho||Won|
|New Star Award||Choi Jin-hyuk||Won|
|Kang Min Hyuk||Won|
|2014||Soompi Gayo Awards||Top K-Drama OST Song||Moment - Lee Changmin||Pending|
|allkpop Awards||Best Drama||The Heirs||Pending|